Thursday, December 13, 2007

Most Wonderful time of the YEAR??

So this post is from one of the blogs that I read daily thanks to Jazmine! Sheena the author of this blog is one of Jazmines friends. She does some amazing posts! I seriously could not stop laughing when reading this.. Best wishes to all the workers in Customer Service.. Glad it is you and not me!


I was at my bi-weekly (this time of year sometimes tri-weekly) trip to my happy place, aka Target. But unfortunatley this trip ended on a not so happy note.

Before we get started here, may I please ask, what is it about this special, magical time of year that make people so grouchy/mean/horrible/down right ugly/insert your own adjective here?

I listened as the very new, very young cashier explained to the customer in front of me that this was his first day-and he kind of made a joke of it. She (the customer--we'll call her Sally) was not joking around here.

Tight lipped and veins bulging out of her forehead, she said "I'm in a hurry today."

Now I have a special place in my heart for Target cashiers, be it that I was once one myself. I felt for him as he tried to hurry and not make any mistakes.

Sally inserted her card, and thought she had paid. At the end of the transaction, the young nervous, broken out in a cold sweat, very new cashier said "how will you be paying today?"

"(explicits) I already thwiped my card!!!"

"excuse me?"

I THWIPED it!! I already THWIPED my card--and now it'th back in my purth!!"


Yes that's right, Sally, along with anger management issues, had a very bad lisp.

**disclaimer. it's not nice to make fun of people. normally I wouldn't make fun of someone with some sort of speech disorder. But, she crossed the line here with my friendly Target cashier, and should have known it would somehow come back to haunt her.**

Sally was out of control. She'd obviously had a bad day/week/life. Within only seconds she was yelling at Target Timmy.

"I'M PAYING WITH A CREDIT CARD. I ALREADY THWIPED IT. LET ME THPEAK WITH YOUR THUPERVISOR!!"

In the middle of her fit of rage, her son was getting a little restless.

"Carthon!!! Thit down!!! CARTHON!!!"

(please know that at this point, I was thtarring, I mean starring forward, eyes meeting no one (becasue half the store was starring at register 7) red faced, ears burning and REALLY trying hard not to even crack the slightest smile. )

The supervisor came over. Target Timmy was almost in tears. "I need help."

"I ALREADY PAID. I THWIPED MY CARD! I DON'T WANT TO GET IT BACK OUT!! CARTHON THIT!!!

"I'm sorry ma'm, we'll have to have you swipe your card again, or pay by another method."

"THIS IS RIDICULOUTH. (explicit explicit, lispy explicit) I AM IN A HURRY AND JUTH WANT TO LEAVE. CAAAARTHON!!! THALLY THOLD THEATHELLS DOWN BY THE THEATHORE!!" (ok well she might as well have. I really couldn't understand a word she was saying. It really was embarrassing for everyone.

After minutes of yelling at anyone who would look her way, Sally pulled out her card and payed again. It took seconds. Why hadn't she just done this in the first place?? Why are people so angry?

Let this be a lesson to you all. Before you take out your anger on the innocent little Target Cashier, take a look at who's around you. If it's some little girl with a cart load of happiness and two little kids--she may be planning her next blog around you--so watch what you say.

No one messes with my Target friends.

Thorry Thally, but Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Check out my site! www.mythirtyone.com/tiffjackson