Thursday, October 16, 2008

Week from hell... i think!

So, I know I have not posted in a while since I have posted. I know. I am a slacker! So a little bit about this week... Since I think it has been the week from hell! Monday, I had softball... My team is not the greatest, but we do have fun! I believe we won 1 game.. ALL SEASON! haha I know laugh! Well, Monday was the start of tourny, and we had a double header.. First game, I get up to bat and yes it was the first inning.... I go into home and slide, or fell or who knows! Really it was a slide, and right in front of the base was a hole, I hit it and rolled! pretty funny if you ask me! It hurt a bit, but I am a player and I kept on playing.... We then had a second game right after.. I again still played.. I got home and took off my cleats and just watched my foot swell... Now I know, why they tell you to keep your shoes on as long as possible!
I did not take a pic that night, I wish I would have.. but anyways, I go to the dr on Tuesday morning and he tells me good news, its not broken.. Man it sure felt like it! He said to me, it looks like you jammed it so good that your bones hit together, along with twisting it.. so basically it is sprained and you need to stay off of it as much as possible.. HAHA yeah right. (I was thinking, you are not the single mom with a two yr old!) And I have to wear this brace for two weeks, and anytime I play sports....
Then, yesterday I woke up with a red eye. I had some eye drops and put them in. It cleared for a bit... after work I ran to the eye dr and he was out.. I talked to the girl there and she said to try a different eye drop.. so I did... Today I woke up with a RED eye (even more than before) and this white thing on my eye.. I was worried, so I called and got into the dr today.. Apparently I have an ulcer on my eye... I asked how that happens and he says a number of things, contact, solution and sleeping in them! Uht oh! He tells me that I need to get these eye drops and put them in my eye every HALF hour... Who remembers that!? Man it is going to be a LONG two days!
And glasses until further notice... Do you realize HOW much I HATE wearing them?

On the brighter side, if you all have not read yet, I am going to have another Niece! I am excited. Congrats Trent and Em....

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow BOSTON that sucks I am so sorry that your eye is sooo bad. I hope that it gets better soon.

TTYL
Tiffany 1 lol

Shauna said...

OUCH! Hope they both get better soon! Oh Yeah and by the way, you look cute with glasses on :)

The Hancock Fam said...

You dork! Just to add to your hell week I'm sure: the Sox losing to the RAYS! OMG I'm sorry! lol.. I hate watching baseball but Shawn caught the end of the game & all I could think about was how mad you must have been! lol I don't mean to laugh at your exspense- but when it rains, it POURS deary! I hope u get feeling better. ps- I worked with a guy who got the ulcer in the eye from sleepin' in contacts. I used to wear mine for YEARS at a time before I changed them, but you can bet after his story I started taking them out!! haha.. get better.. luv ya

The Hancock Fam said...

Oh ya- I think your glasses are WAY cute!!

Anonymous said...

I guess I should stop sleeping in my contacts:(. I think the glasses are cute. Sorry you had such a hard week.

Check out my site! www.mythirtyone.com/tiffjackson